Wednesday, May 10, 2006


Chem lab - one of my more interesting classes... It's the only class (so far) where we actually get to burn or melt things. I believe in the picture above, I am in the middle of a freezing point depression experiment - analyzing the temperature dropping with different concentrations of solvent.

In the lab I just got out of (qualatative cation analysis), I truly felt like a chemist! I had my lab book with experimental plans, data collection/analysis, and then combining previous weeks of work into a decision tree, I was able to easily identify the 4 aqueous cation solutions that Prof. Lee handed out today. It was really pretty cool - a few drops of NH3, a litmus paper test, a few drops of Na3Fe(CN)6, a flame test... and presto - the unknown is now known!

1 comment:

Melody said...

Yikes! All I can say is... I'm glad it's you and not me!!