Saturday, February 24, 2007

"We like our fun and we never fight
You can't dance and stay uptight
It's a supernatural delight
Everybody's dancing in the moonlight"

(I just love this oldie by Harvest King)
Good citizens of the world, it's been a long while since my last post, so might as well dig right back in! Life has been awesome lately. Case in point: my long weekend out on the Olympic Peninsula.
Amy's folks have a cabin out that direction, so Friday afternoon a group of 8 students cruised out west... The mountain passes were beautiful and relatively clear (we don't need to talk about my wrong turn...) - great driving weather and we got in late.
8 of us - some close friends, some acquaintances, and some new folks - a perfect mix! We set up a nice toasty fire in the furnace and enjoyed an amazing weekend full of fresh cooking, walks on the beach, sleeping in, salsa dancing, playing games (Mafia continues to be a favourite), moving furniture, canoeing at midnight, swapping massages, making jokes about Irving's face, and all sleeping together in the living room! All good trips have their end, but we all had a great time! We stopped by Amy's house in Portland on the way back - met her parents/brother and enjoyed a nice curry dinner before the long drive home.
The whole weekend was dance - and you just can't dance and stay uptight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures!! It sounds like you had a lot of fun!! I wish I could have joined you.

Well, my fun days are still ahead which includes going to Nicaragua--I'm sooooo excited!!