Friday, November 04, 2005




Yeah..... Well last weekend I went to the notorious BARN PARTY which was quite interesting. Mainly interesting due to the costuming. You are currently looking at the Q-Tip girls and as far as the guys. Well I don't know if they are babies or oldies. Either way, they had fun with it!

I joined forces with Pajama Man (Kent) and became his sidekick Lounge Boy - just chilling in my robe, snacking on popcorn, and watching all the costumes. The event was ok, but nothing amazing. Lots of people and rather shallow (in my opinion). At least there were a lot of creative costumes.

Anyways, what WAS cool (but doesn't making for intriguing pictures) was the Amnesty International meeting at Greg Dodd's house last Friday night. I think I've found another Daniel Reynaud (my semi-idol history lecturer from Avondale). We talked a lot about recent events around the world and the state of human rights in various countries - really enlightening!

In other recent events, had a lot of fun with Intro to Engineering class on Thursday. We got into small groups for some design competition... It was really the first hands on class we've had and it almost felt like playing :) Our small group actually beat all 6 of the others for our newspaper tower which was nice.

Also got the opportunity to attend an engineering colloquium about steam catapults for launching jet fighters from aircraft carriers - and dealing with the problem of stopping the huge force used to accelerate the plans... Good stuff!

No luck finding my mobile phone, but I DID buy a "real" phone for my dorm room so I can now receive calls... Now it's Friday night again and I'm ready to relax for a while. I don't have to worry about Chemistry, Calculus, Engineering, Assembly Programming, or anything else for at least one day! Enjoy the weekend everyone!

No comments: