Saturday, September 09, 2006

Famous in our own lunchtimes
Della tagged me with Famous in our own lunchtimes. So here goes!

1. What do you like most about where you live?
I really enjoy listening to the cicadas and crickets at night as I fall asleep... When I originally moved to Atlanta (15 years ago), the natural sounds seemed so foreign and unwelcoming. Now they are an essential part of home. Along with the sounds, I just love the green that pervades everything in the spring.

2. Is there anything strange about where you live?
Strange is a relative term. I'm a strange person, so of course this place is strange! I suppose having 5 or so large malls within 30 minutes of driving is strange... Really, though, it's a pretty normal place.

3. What's one of your all-time favourite music albums, and why?
Unfair question. I love music too much to be restricted to a single album! I might choose Coldharbour Sessions 2004 by Markus Schulz if I was in a pinch... This perfect mix of trance/chillout always hits the spot - regardless of what mood I'm in.

4. Did you have a passion for something as a kid that you still have now? (If not - what is one of your passions now?)
I still have a passion for enjoying the outdoors. My other childhood interests like stamp collecting, magic tricks, coin collecting, juggling, etc have been replaced by new ones. I try new things and so I'm constantly discovering new potential passions.

5. What do you like most about having a blog?
A blog lets me share news about myself to the people I care about without spamming mass e-mails. Comments are a big part of having a blog (hint hint). The links to other blogs are very useful too - I end up using my blog as a hub for visiting other blogs.

Pick 3 (or more) people and give them the opportunity to be famous in their own lunchtimes! :)

I'm tagging Michelle, Jen, and Shaz to start with.

*I don't normally do these, but hey it was from Della and it's been too long since I've updated my blog...

3 comments:

Della said...

Aww, cool! It's good to see more on your blog :)

Sweet Onion said...

Boy oh boy. You seriously made me jealous about you still being in the South. I would have to say that listening to nature's symphony is my favorite thing about being down there as well. Do you guys have Whipporwills in your neck of the woods?

I used to be a stamp collector as well :O) That factoide aside, one of the numerous reasons you are awesome is your childish desire for new experiences. Stepping outside on a beautiful day, and I bet you feel your pulse race, just like it does when you watch a sunset, or are on the Whitman climbing wall scaling it like a monkey, or listening to your relaxing music at 2 a.m. Life, to you, is passion, emotion, desire, delicious, euphoric, beautiful, simple.

Unknown said...

lol!! I'm not sure when i'll get around to answering the questions & putting them on my blog...but i'll let you know when i do.