Thursday, February 09, 2006


The last couple weeks have been ... challenging to say the least. My blog has suffered from my semi-zealous studying of calculus, chemistry, and engineering but I am still alive and well! Big thanks to the Michelle for keeping me sane - I love you!

Amid all the study, I've managed to make good use of my rockclimbing equipment and visit the Walla Walla gym twice a week for several hours. It's particularly important during the intense study days - a great way to relieve stress. It's just about impossible to think about inverse hyperbolic trig identities (or their derivatives/integrals) when you are on the verge of slipping off a small foothold fifteen feet up in the air... :) Big thanks to mum and dad for the nice 5-10 shoes and to my sis for the chalk - both often make the difference between success and failure on some of the climbs!

As you can see, the wall is not particularly tall or big, but it has enough routes to keep me busy and challenged. And it's free. FREE! I often go with Mitch - a new friend of mine - and we make a good climb/belay team. In fact last night after climbing, I went over to his house for the first time and we celebrated with a friend by eating multiple bowls of icecream.

School has been good, all things considered, and I just pre-registered for next quarter's classes - an intense 18 credit quarter with Calculus 3, Discrete Maths, Chemistry, Engineering, and Data Structures.

In other recent good news, my awsome mate Kristin showed up for Superbowl weekend to celebrate her birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - and I enjoyed the few hours I spent with her and her brother Mike. We talked about many good things and even squeezed in "Run Lola Run" (sorry Mike) which is a great film. She left far too early, but I'll just be happy for the time I get. Especially considering that most of my Aussie mates are not even in my hemisphere!

There is a lot of interesting STUFF I should be writing about, but I think I'll save that for my next post.

2 comments:

kris said...

run lola run was an AWESOME film! definately one of the best ones i've seen in a while. i now understand why they chose her to be in the Bourne films.

Melody said...

You're welcome for the climbing shoes - I'm glad you have the chance to use them! Always good to hear (and see) what you are doing.

Love you!