Saturday, July 25, 2009

Huzzah, got to use my new Acopa climbing shoes today! I got them last weekend in Portland to replace my worn out 5.10's that I've used the last few years. They are a tighter, more technical shoe for edging.Mikey and I went out to Granite Point along the Snake River to do a bit of outdoor climbing. It was a roasty day and I got a bit too much sun on the shoulders. Still, it was a nice day and a good chance to get back out climbing after winter and my hand injury.

Here, Mikey is rappelling on the left side of Granite Point. The climbs are all rather short, but intense.This is a sweet picture from a fellow climber/photographer. I'm hoping to make it out Post Falls (where this was taken) in another few weeks...

3 comments:

Sweet Onion said...

wow, that's a crazy last picture you've got there! Is that a kid from Walla walla, by chance? I think I know who it is if he is from WW, but I'm blanking on his name! Shoot!

Anyway, kudos on climbing! I've only done it what, 3 times? but enough to know it isn't my "sport" of choice :). My good friend Susan loves climbing out here, so I get to hear about it a lot -- I'm definitely respectful of the people who can do it!

Brandon said...

Not sure who it is. I don't think from Walla Walla, but could be I guess...

Climbing is a nice hobby - often times more for the outdoors scenery and friendships than the actual activity.

Sweet Onion said...

JIMMY! That's his name -- or at least that's who it looks like. Jimmy was a freshman the year I left -- heard he was kicked out for getting "caught" drinking, or something like that? Cool kid, stupid policy!