Monday, July 27, 2009

You may recognize this little rodent from the recent movie Ratatouille. I'm currently living with some rat housemates, and although they aren't as cartoony as this one, they are very cute and friendly. My housemates keep quite a collection of rats - bred show rats for the most part.
Here's one of the curious girls. The girls tend to be smaller and more energetic than the guys. I had several rats as pets when I was younger. They are intelligent, clean, quiet, don't bite, are friendly, and don't smell bad! They actually make for great pets.

Here's a little clip of some of the lady rats looking for attention:


In other news, I went to the local WSU bouldering wall to practice my climbing a bit more. The climbing supervisor is showing some new climbers the basics. The cave is my favorite - it's quite exciting to crawl along the ceiling...

2 comments:

Sweet Onion said...

Ok, maybe they are KIND of cute, but they are still freaking RATS!!!!!!!!!!

I think if you domesticate them, you should give them a new species' name. Or maybe call them by their Latin names. Because "rat" just sounds disgustingly gross, something that should be caught and made sure to never breathe again :).

Cruel and heartless?

Maybe.

Maybe.

:D

Sweet Onion said...

haha! You've got 25 minutes to post before you missed a day!!

You gonna join me in being behind in our blogging extravaganza????

Shoot, I never thought life would be so mundane that I could not even blog intelligently for one week.

We should spice up the stories and write something imaginative that didn't happen but convince everyone it did.

I might try that ... don't believe a word I say tomorrow, and let's see what I can come up with!!! I'll have to think about it tonight.