Thursday, January 05, 2006

Quotes are fascinating things - so short and concise, yet they accomplish more than any lenthy writing I attempt. Part of my new interest in quotes stems from my college writing class in which we are required to quote a particular passage at the beginning of every class. I'm in search of one that truly matches me and in doing so, I've stumbled upon a great many insightful quotes. Expect to find them randomly sprinkled through future blog entries.

I am sure no other civilization, not even the Romans, has showed such a vast proportion of ignominious and degraded nudity, and ugly, squalid dirty sex. Because no other civilization has driven sex into the underworld, and nudity to the W.C. - D. H. Lawrence

Without picking it apart and ruining the magic of a well phrased quote, ... how true is it!! The more our culture attempts to suppress sex and nudity, the more distorted they become. So much for our "advanced" civilization.

No comments: