Monday, January 02, 2006


What am I supposed to do...?

Well let's lay it out here - I was supposed to fly Atlanta - Charolotte - Seattle. Then meet a student from college at 10:45 am and drive back to Walla Walla. Easy enough you might think.

Here's how things actually went. Got everything checked in and sat at the gate for my first flight. Then things go bad - apparently they can't pull the plane into our gate because ... it is too close to nearby planes or something? Some weird reason I've never heard of, but it resulted in a 2 hour delay which meant I wouldn't catch my connecting flight. This led to the first of a series of unfortunate events: my baggage and I were seperated. I got routed through Dallas while my baggage went off to Charlotte to ... age for a while.

I made it to Seattle eventually, but of course I was several hours late and my ride back to college had already left. "No worries" says I, "I'll just catch a bus or something!". The second unfortunate piece falls in now. Greyhound discontinued their service to Walla Walla. So with some quick decisions (cheers for resourceful mums a phone call away) I bought a pricey ticket on a plane out to Walla Walla.

So I'm here now! I made it. My baggage was not so lucky. It is stranded in Seattle. I called the local airport today to ask about it and apparently I'll be "lucky" if I get it by the 5th... All the flights are full and due to the small aircraft size they can't accomodate extra luggage (and besides that, they are backlogged with lost luggage apparently).

I guess I offended the travel gods somehow. clothes are overrated anyway.

On the brightside, I did get to ride firstclass part of the time, strangers were very generous in letting me borrow mobile phones for calling home, and Ashley was nice enough to give me a ride back to college from Walla Walla airport.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

New update - they called (after I had gone to bed) and said my bags are here and waiting for me... My roommate offered to drive me over this evening so I should have my bags at the end of the day :)

The travel gods must be having mercy on my poor soul...

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I'm glad it all worked out!!

Brandon said...

Yep, got my baggage in last night - the only downside is that my shampoo bottle exploded (well really it just leaked) and I had to wash a bunch of stuff. Don't know yet if any of it is ruined...