Monday, January 02, 2006


So I found out that this break, one of my Aussie friends (who is actually from Brazil - THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD) was going to be within driving range of my home...

Thursday morning I drove up to the Chattanooga Convention Center where the SDA youth conference was being held and met Kelly, her sister, and a few of her friends! So Kelly and I took off and wandered around the banks of the Tennessee river for a while - checking out the art, parks, and town while talking about everything from news back at Avondale to discussing the evils of killing and eating animals (while nibbling on chicken fajitas and a chicken pasta dish at Chili's).

Unfortunately, it was quite cold and overcast - I remember last time I was up that way, the whole riverfront area was thriving with weddings, joggers, bikers, kids, art, etc. In comparison the place felt DEAD. Oh well - it was still great to see Kelly!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talking about Avondale, I'm glad you forgot about the Jac and the Tim Tams. By the way, did I tell you I ate them? Sorry, maybe next time... I now, I'm a horrible friend (sorry).

Anonymous said...

Talking about Avondale, I'm glad you forgot about the Jac and the Tim Tams. By the way, did I tell you I ate them? Sorry, maybe next time... I now, I'm a horrible friend (sorry).

Brandon said...

Well we can't be perfect... :P I would have loved to snack on some Tim Tams and see the Jac - I guess I'll just have to wait until I'm back in Aus once again.

Oh and as far as "horrible friends" go, you are at the top of the list :P